Not your everyday, average, around-the-way-girl... I am a biker diva, an aspiring foodie, and a slightly better than amateur seamstress who lives, loves and laughs at every opportunity.

Friday, July 10, 2009

The Waiting Game (Rules, Schmules)

(originally posted April, 2006)

Last night I received a message in my 360 inbox that set my brain abuzz. It was a guy that I talk to on a fairly infrequent basis taking an informal poll among his circle regarding what it means for a woman to ask a man to wait an inordinate amount of time before she’ll engage in sex with him.

It blows me out of my socks that in this day and age people are still playing this ridiculous game. I question the sanity of any man (besides one who truly practices abstinence) who would agree to a relationship with a woman that demanded that there be no sex for a minimum of one year. I question the intelligence of any woman who after making such demand, fully believes that said man is abiding by his agreement – because trust and believe if he’s not screwing HER…he’s screwing somebody else, and that’s not within the guidelines of the arrangement, now IS it? What kind of character does a man prove he has by agreeing to said guidelines (but not “REALLY” agreeing, if you catch my drift? More importantly, what does a woman prove by holding out for so long??

>>AaaAhhh… now we’re getting somewhere, aren’t we <<

From birth, the paths of the male and female are not only divergent, but diametrically opposed. Males come out of the womb and are thoroughly encouraged to spend the rest of their lives getting back in where they fit in, at each possible opportunity they can muster. Females are born and chastised to ration pussy by the millimeter. Thus begins the power struggle; we are forced to use what we got, to get what we want. Men dangle the possibility of love before a woman in order to persuade her to give up the panties and a woman will tease a man with the promise of freaky circus monkey lovin’ on the premise of winning his heart.

How about this to bake your noodle: As the Perdue chicken commercial once noted, “Parts is parts.” If a woman’s pussy and a man’s heart have equal value (and notably, they should, considering the way each one tends to be hoarded, respectively, but again I digress), and a fair exchange is no robbery, then wherein lies the problem?

The answer is fairly simple. Women tend to be more emotional and tie all their hopes and dreams to that hot fuzzbox between their legs, and that aint where it’s at. We want to believe that kisses are contracts and presents and promises, and that’s not the way it works in the real world. Sorry. Men see what they want, move in for the kill, hit it off on the “find em, fuck em and flee” tip, and get away with it largely unscathed…until, of course, they come across a woman who doesn’t fall prey to the backwards mindset of tying her intrinsic value to her sex (unless of course she’s a by-the-hour call girl, but that’s a different kind of value LOL), and falls hopelessly in love with her scandalous ass even though it goes against everything he knows and believes in. Some men want to say that a woman who’ll open her legs early in the game isn’t worthy of respect or is no longer in consideration for long-term relationship status… in rebuttal I offer that she didn’t unscrew your dick on the first date and fuck HERSELF with it, so, Mr. Milk-Bone, pot meet kettle!

While I recognize that maybe a certain level of chastity is of great import to certain kinds of men in their quest for a wife or life partner, I also recognize that THAT man is NOT the one for me. I'd also be willing to bet that among this lot are men who become married assholes trolling for pussy on the Internet because now Miss Iron Box won't give them any either... but that's just an observation. I will also state for the record that I don’t begrudge anyone his preferences, because just as men have theirs, I have mine. I just fail to see the logic in “making him wait.” I could make him wait five dates, have mad chemistry with him and then find out he couldn’t screw his way out of a wet paper bag, and then find myself stuck in the conundrum of being interested with someone who doesn’t please me sexually. I could make him wait 10 dates because I think that’s the kind of woman he’s into, only for him to disappear like a thief in the night the morning after he busts them draws and find myself heartbroken because I really liked him.

You never can tell with people, and I for one, have no cut cards in my deck. I mean, REALLY, what in the hell are we waiting for, as two consenting adults possessed of our right minds and prophylactics? However, PLEASE let it be said that in no way by this writing am I advocating reckless promiscuity on the part of either males or females – it does pay to be somewhat discriminating, and that too is a lesson I have learned in real-time.

I close with this: tricks are STILL for kids, and I’m still a grown ass woman. Time waits for no man and neither do I.

No comments:

Post a Comment